|AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS ACT|
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
An Act to effect a take-over of the Ahmadu Bello University by the Federal Government and establish a Provisional Council as an interim governing body of the University and for purposes connected herewith.
COMMENCEMENT: 27th August, 1975
1. Dissolution of Council of the Ahmadu Bello University: (Omitted; see 1993 No. 11).
2. Establishment of Provisional Council for the University: (Omitted; see 1993 No. 11).
3. Powers of the Provisional Council: (Omitted; see 1993 No.11).
Power to amend the principal Law
4. The President may by order amend any provision of the principal Law.
Modification of provisions of the principal Law, etc.
5. (1) Until other provisions are made in that behalf by the Federal Government-
(a) all references in the principal Law to the Visitor shall be construed as references to the President; and
(b) the power to appoint the Vice-Chancellor of the University shall vest in the President.
(2) All the provisions of the principal Law shall be construed subject to this Act.
6. (1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
"Council" means the Council of the Ahmadu Bello University dissolved by this Act;
"Functions" includes powers and duties;
"President" means the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
"Principal Law" means the Ahmadu Bello University Law, as amended;
"University" means the Ahmadu Bello University.
7. This Act may be cited as the Ahmadu Bello University (Transitional Provisions) Act.
|Served by TREE&Trees
JusticeMedia (Nigeria's justice sector social