ONLINE COPY OF THIS LAW IS FREE. PDF IS AVAILABLE FOR N1,500. PDF COMPENDIUM OF ALL LAWS/CATEGORIES ALSO AVAILABLE Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or Text: +234 706 710 2097
|DOWNLOAD PDF COPY OF THIS LAW (N1,500)|
TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS (PROHIBITION) ENFORCEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION ACT, 2015
An Act to Repeal the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition) Law Enforcement and Administration Act, 2003 as Amended and to enact the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition), Enforcement and Administration Act to provide measures against trafficking; and for related matters.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
PART II–ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL AGENCY FOR THE PROHIBITION OF TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
2. Establishment of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons.
3. Establishment and Composition of the Governing Board.
4. Tenure of Office of the Chairman and Members of the Board.
5. Functions of the Agency.
6. Powers of the Agency.
7. Functions and Powers of the Board.
8. Appointment and Tenure of the Director-General
9. Other Staff of the Agency.
10. Service in the Agency to be Pensionable.
11. Establishment of Special Departments.
12. Duties of the Special Departments.
PART III–PROHIBITION OF ACTS OF TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
13. Prohibition of Acts of Trafficking in Persons.
PART IV-OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
14. Importation and Exportation of Person.
15. Procurement of Person for Sexual Exploitation.
16. Abuse, Procurement or Recruitment of Person under 18 years for Prostitution or other forms of Sexual Exploitation.
17. Procurement or Recruitment of Person under the age of 18 years for Pornography or Brothel.
18. Foreign travel which promotes Prostitution or Sexual Exploitation.
19. Procurement or Recruitment of Person for use in Armed Conflicts.
20. Procurement or Recruitment of Person for Organ Harvesting.
21. Prohibition of Buying or Selling of Human beings for any purpose.
22. Forced Labour.
23. Employment of Child as domestic worker and inflicting grievous harm.
24. Trafficking in Slaves
25. Slave dealing.
26. Offences relating to fraudulent entry of Persons.
28. Escape or Aiding and Abetting escape.
29. Attempt to commit an Offence under this Act.
30. Where Evidence establishes an attempt to commit an Offence or the Commission of the full Offence.
31. Offences by a Body Corporate.
32. Obstruction of the Agency or her Authorised Officer.
33. Impersonation or Assumption of character of an Officer of the Agency.
34. Tampering with Evidence and Witness.
35. Responsibility of Airlines, Commercial Carriers, Tour Operators and Travel Agents.
36. Jurisdiction to try Offences under this Act.
37. Adoption of measures to avoid delays.
PART VI–FINANCIAL PROVISIONS
38. Funds of the Agency,
39. Expenditures of the Agency.
40. Power to Borrow and Accept Gifts.
41. Accounts and Audit.
42. Annual Report.
PART VII–SEARCH, ARREST AND SEIZURE
43. Issuance of Warrant for Investigation.
44. Investigation or Search without Warrant.
45. Video Recording and Custody of Records.
46. Protection of Informants and Information.
47. Witness Protection,
PART VIII–ATTACHMENT AND FORFEITURE OF ASSETS
48. Forfeiture of Passport.
49. Forfeiture of Assets after Conviction.
50. Foreign Assets.
51. Property subject to Forfeiture.
52. Seizure of Property.
53. Investigation of Assets and Properties of an arrested person.
54. Disclosure of Assets and Property by an arrested Person.
55. Interim attachment Order after Seizure of Property.
56. Final Order of Forfeiture.
57. Disposal of Forfeiture Property.
58. Offences in relation to Forfeiture Orders.
59. Consequences of an acquittal in respect of confiscated Assets and Property.
60. Freezing Order on Banks or Other financial Institutions.
PART IX–TREATMENT OF TRAFFICKED PERSONS
61. Treatment of Trafficked Persons.
62. Non-detention or Prosecution of a Trafficked Person in certain circumstances.
63. Rights of a Victim to Information.
64. Establishment of Transit Shelter.
65. Right to Compensation or Restitution.
66. Application of certain Enactments.
PART X–VICTIMS OF TRAFFICKING TRUST FUND
67. Establishment of Victims of Trafficking Trust Fund.
68. Establishment of Victims of Trafficking Trust Fund Committee.
PART XI–MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE, EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION AND EXTRADITION
69. Requests from Foreign States.
70. Request to Foreign State.
71. Evidence pursuant to a Request.
72. Form of Requests.
74. Exchange of Information relating to Human Trafficking.
75. Power of the Minister to give directives of general character to the Agency.
76. Power to make Regulation.
77. Pre-action Notice.
78. Restriction on Execution against Property of the Agency.
79. Indemnity of Officers of the Agency.
80. Repeal and Savings Provision.
81. Transitional Provisions.
ALPHABETICAL INDEX TO THE LAWS OF NIGERIA (UPDATED)