ONLINE COPY OF THIS LAW IS FREE. PDF IS AVAILABLE FOR N1,500. PDF COMPENDIUM OF ALL LAWS/CATEGORIES ALSO AVAILABLE Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or Text: +234 706 710 2097
|DOWNLOAD PDF COPY OF THIS LAW (N1,500)|
STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA ACT, 2015
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
PARTI—STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA
1. Establishment of the Standards Organization of Nigeria.
2. Power of the Minister to give directives to the Organisation.
PARTII-THE STANDARDS COUNCIL OF NIGERIA
3. The Standards Council of Nigeria.
4. Functions of the Council, etc.
PARTIII- FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE ORGANISATION
5. Functions of the Organisation.
6. Standard Library.
7. Power to charge for services.
PART IV- STAFF OF THE ORGANISATION
8. Appointment, etc. of Director-General.
9. Director-General to be administrative head of the Organisation.
10. Special responsibilities of the Director-General.
11. Number of Directors and their duties.
12. Staff regulations.
14. Exemption from liability in the course of employment.
15. PART V – FINANCIAL PROVISIONS
16. Fund of the organisation.
17. Expenditure of the organisation.
18. Annual Estimates.
19. Accounts and audits.
20. Annual report.
21. Power to borrow.
22. Power to accept gifts.
23. Budget and expenditure.
PART VI – NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL STANDARDS
24. Procedure for establishment of Industrial Standards.
25. Standards to be known as Nigerian Industrial Standards.
26. Certificate marks.
27. Offences in relation to standards.
28. Power of the Minister to declare established standards as binding.
29. Designation of ports for special entry.
30. Powers of Director-General in relation to hazardous products.
PART VII – OFFENCES
31. Power to enter premises.
32. Evasion of fees, levies, etc.
33. Offences by bodies corporate.
PART VIII – LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
34. Commencement of legal proceedings.
35. Jurisdiction and prosecution of offences.
36. Application of fines.
37. Application to the Federal High Court for direction.
38. Indemnity of members and employees of the organisation.
39. Limitation of suits against the organisation.
40. Service of processes, documents, etc.
41. Onus of proof in certain cases.
42. Restriction on execution against the property of the organisation.
43. Certain acts not interpreted as assurances or guarantees
PART IX–MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
45. Power to make test purchases.
46. Recall of products.
47. Destruction of violative goods.
48. Statement in document.
49. Power to make rules.
50. Repeal and savings.
STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA ACT, 2015 ACT No.14
An Act to repeal the Standards Organisation of Nigeria Act, cap S9 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and enact the Standards Organisation of Nigeria Act, 2015 for the purpose of providing additional functions for the organisation, increasing penalty for violations; and for related matters
[26th Day of May, 2015) Commencement.
ENACTED by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
To obtain copies Standards approved by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria or regulatory compliance services connected with them, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or Call/Text/WhatsApp: +234 7067102097
ALPHABETICAL INDEX TO THE LAWS OF NIGERIA (UPDATED)