CENTER FOR LAWS OF NIGERIA: FEDERAL LAWS
ONLINE COPY OF THIS LAW IS FREE. PDF IS AVAILABLE FOR N2000. PDF COMPENDIUM OF ALL LAWS/CATEGORIES ALSO AVAILABLE Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or Text: +234 706 710 2097
|DOWNLOAD PDF COPY OF THIS LAW (N2000)|
NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY ACT
[EDITOR’S NOTE: THIS ACT HAS BEEN AMENDED BY THE NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (AMENDMENT) ACT 2019.
The Act establishes the National Biosafety Management Agency charged with the responsibility for providing regulatory framework, institutional and administrative mechanism for safety measures in the application of modern bio-technology in Nigeria with the view to preventing any adverse effect on human health, animals, plants and environment.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Establishment of National Biosafety Management Agency.
2. Objectives of the Agency.
3. Functions and Powers of the Agency
4. Structure of the Agency.
5. Appointment of Director General and staff of the Agency.
6. Cessation or removal from office.
7. Appointment and Legal adviser of the Agency.
8. Terms and condition of service.
9. Removal and discipline of staff.
10. Establishment of the Governing Board and its composition.
13. Functions and Powers of the Board.
14. Fund of the Agency.
15. Expenditure of the Agency.
16. Power to borrow Act No 18 2003.
17. Power to invest.
18. Power to accept gift.
19. Annual Estimates.
20. Account and Audit.
21. Annual Report.
22. Import and Export Permit.
23. Application of Import and Export Permit
24. Import or transit of products to be approved.
25. Public display application.
26. Public Hearings.
27. Disclosable information.
28. Procedure granting approval.
29. Revocation and review of application.
30. Appeal by the applicant.
31. Mandatory Risk Assessment
32. Conflict of interest
33. Risk management plan and strategy
34. Additional measure for risk management.
35. Offenses and penalties
36. False Information
37. Obstruction of officer
38. Penalty where it is not specified in the Act
39. Powers of enforcement
40. Criminal proceedings.
42. Power to own property
FIRST SCHEDULE [Section 24 (2) (H)]
SECOND SCHEDULE [Section 24 (3)]
THIRD SCHEDULE [Sections 25 (3) and 32 (2)]
FOURTH SCHEDULE [Section 34]
NATIONAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
An act to establish the National Biosafety Management Agency charged with the responsibility for providing regulatory framework, institutional and administrative mechanism for safety measures in the application of modern biotechnology in Nigeria with the view to preventing any adverse effect on human health, animals, plants and environment; and for related matters 2015
[Commencement. – 20/04/2015]
ENACTED by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as follows:
ALPHABETICAL INDEX TO THE LAWS OF NIGERIA (UPDATED)